Friday, October 3, 2008

PIG'S PICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


For those of you out there who know me you know how incredibly intelligent I am. One of my many talents is the ability to win you money picking college football games.

You might be asking yourself "If you are so smart why don't you bet and make a bunch of money for yourself?" Good question and the answer is simple....my wife won't let me, and I do what she says.

Anyway lets look at this weeks SEC games, you listen to Pig's Picks and write in next week and let me know how much money I made you. If you lose then betting is a sin and you should stop anyway.


SEC SLATE:

# 2 Alabama vs. Kentucky Line: Alabama by 15.5 points

Alabama will win the game but will not play their best coming off their huge win last week and 15.5 is a lot of points to cover against a somewhat good SEC team. The Tide wins, but take the Fightin' Rich Brooks' to cover. The more important questions in this game are 1. Where will I park? 2. How nice is the new Houndstooth?

PIGS PICK: Kentucky to cover

# 12 Florida at Arkansas Line: Florida by 24 1/2

That is a ton of points to give up. Florida just dropped a stunner to Ole Miss at home. Arkansas is brutal. Just brutal. This is not a good recipe. Sure Florida has to travel a long way for the game but it should not matter. Florida rolls over the hapless Hogs.

PIG'S PICK: Florida

# 13 Auburn at # 19 Vandy Line: Auburn by 4

Lot of questions here. Why is Auburn's offense so bad? Is this Vandy team for real? Is College Gameday really in Nashville? Why is College Gameday coming to Nashville the one time I won't be here? Will all 7 Vandy fans show up at 9am for Gameday? Could I play QB for Auburn? Anyway back to the game. When Tommy Tuberville called me this week for clothing advice I told him to ditch the spread and run the ball like a man. I also told him to stick to his current wardrobe and wear 45 layers and just pick random colors. He will listen for at least a week. I say Auburn wins the game but its CLOOOOOOOSE! My Magic 8 Ball tells me a late FG gives awwwwwwwwwburn the win.

PIG'S PICK: VANDY to cover

South Carolina at Ole Miss Line: Ole Miss by 2 1/2

Can Tuscaloosa native and Gamecock quarterback Chris Smelley outplay Ole Miss QB Jevan Sneed in Oxford? No. My inside sources (ESPN) tell me freshman QB Stephen Garcia will not start but get plenty of time to try to get South Carolina their first SEC win since 1947. No but seriously the Gamecocks have lost 6 SEC games in a row.

PIG'S PICK: OLE MISS

No comments: