Wednesday, October 8, 2008

PIG'S PICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ahhh yes, another addition of Pig's Picks. Hopefully you took my advice last week and made some cheddar from my 3-1 record against the spread. Since I have to head out of town early for my boy Brian Burton's wedding this week in Virginia here is an early addition of Pig's Picks.




South Carolina @ Kentucky (Kentucky by 1)

I have to admit I was impressed with both Kentucky's defense and Gamecock QB Chris Smelley last week as he lead South Carolina to an impressive road win at Ole Miss and UK made Alabama sweat at home. I feel pretty good about the Wildcats in this one. This makes back to back road games for South Carolina and I think Kentucky is a good, underrated team. Plus, it is real tough for me to respect a team that has a chicken on their helmet. Take the Fightin' Rich Brooks' in this one.


PIG's PICKS: BIG BLUE








#13 VANDERBILT at MISSISSIPPI STATE (Vandy by 2 1/2)

You might be thinking 2 1/2 is a very small line for team ranked # 13 playing at a terrible Mississppi St. team that comes into this one really struggling. My inside sources (Beano Cook) told me there is a reason this line is so small. Vandy is coming off one the biggest wins in school history, they are due for a let down, and they have to travel a good distance to beautiful downtown Starkville, MS (I'm kidding about beautiful and downtown) for this one. There were a few folks who were on the Miss St. bandwagon before the year ( I even thought they would be better than this) but something has gone wrong for Sly Croom's boys thus far. I see Mis-Stake keeping this one close throughout, but think Vandy will win by at least a FG.

PIGS PICK: SHOW YOUR GOLD (Barely)








Arkansas at # 20 Auburn (Auburn by 19)

Wow ,I really do not know what to say about this one. First of all, how is awwwburn still ranked with 2 losses and no wins over quality teams? Auburn still has a good defense but their offense has been turrrrible. Arkansas has just been brutal in every aspect, even the awful hats Bobby Petrino wears ( I think he went to the hometown Wal-Mart for the one he wore last week). The game is in Auburn but Arkansas has historically given Ears Tubbervile fits...but that was Houston Nutt's old Hogs, not this weak Petrino bunch. I like Auburn to win, just not by 19 plus. Another 3-2 win for the the war buzzards?

PIGS PICK: PIG SOOIE (To cover, not win)








Tennessee @ # 10 Georgia (Georgia by 12)

Ohhhhhh what a year for the Vols. Coming into this game a dozen point underdog Rocky Bottom is looking at a 2-4 start and 0-3 SEC record in the face, so you know they will come out desperate. It wont matter, as they have been that bad. Tennessee got a HUUUGE win over Northern Illinois last week (sarcasm) in a 13-9 blowout that many Vol fans considered a "moral defeat". Georgia is coming off a bye week after an embarrassing loss to Alabama and should be ready for this one. I still do not think Georgia is as good as we are told before the year, but they are certainly better than Tennessee in Athens.

PIGS PICKS: HUNKER DOWN DAWGS









# 4 LSU at # 11 Florida (Florida by 6)

A team that has alrady lost to Ole Miss and ranked # 11 favored by six over an undefeated defending national champion ranked # 4? This does not make sense to me. I realize the game is in the Swamp, but LSU has won 2 out of the last 3 in Gainesville. I have watched both teams a few times and agree that neither has looked unstoppable but are both very talented and quality teams. This one comes down to the wire and while I do not think LSU will win (I really hope they don't for Alabama's case), I think they keep it within 6 points and cover.


PIG'S PICK: GEAUX TIGERS (To cover, not win)

No comments: